Mary Ann Lampe Quilts to Help Clow Veterans Group
May 11, 2015
This is a picture of Mary Ann Lampe in front of her beautiful quilt in the McWane Ductile-Ohio lobby. Mary Ann has made lots of quilts over the years, but this one is special because she made it to help raise money for the Clow Veterans Group (CVG).
The CVG was started 5 years ago to provide assistance and support to not only Clow veterans but also veterans and active military that live within the community. They are very excited about recently becoming the first group in Coshocton County to be Friends of the Family Readiness Group for the 1485th Army National Guard located at the airport in Coshocton. Another part of the unit is also located in Dover, Ohio. They meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month at Hardees in Coshocton.
These are a few of the activities they have supported around the county:
· Donated money to the Blue Star Mothers of Coshocton to send Christmas packages to soldiers serving overseas
· Helped the Blue Star Mothers raise money for their veterans and military family projects
· Supported the Veterans Walk at the annual Relay for Life
· Placed American flags on the graves of veterans at Fairfield Cemetery in West Lafayette, Ohio
· Worked with the Veterans Commission to provide financial support for local veterans
· Supported the Honor Flight which gives local World War II and Korean veterans a free flight to Washington D.C. to visit the WW II memorial
· Donated money to help purchase a van to transport veterans to clinics in Zanesville and Columbus
· Donated money to provide flag cases for the Coshocton County Honor Guard to present to the families of deceased veterans
They have many projects that they plan to support in the months and years ahead. A big thank you to the CVG for paying it forward in the community to help veterans that have sacrificed so much!
Find a Product
Find a Distributor
Moving Industries Forward by Redefining Fire Suppression