Class D Stored Pressure Dry Powder Extinguisher
Hand Portable Extinguishers: Amerex manufactures a full line of hand portable and wheeled fire extinguishers, both "compliance" (code required) and "specialty" types.
- Six-year warranty
- Stored pressure design
- Dependable drawn steel cylinders
- Special corrosion-resistant yellow paint
- Class D color-coded finish
- All-metal valve construction
- Temperature range from -40°F to 120°F
- Unique soft flow extension applicator with built-in long-range nozzle
- Large loop stainless steel pull pin
- Bar coded and bilingual labels
The Amerex “soft flow” extension applicator is particularly suited for fighting Class D fires. It keeps the operator’s hands away from the extreme heat and prevents inhalation of toxic fumes caused by burning material. The easily controlled, even discharge provides a non-dispersing application of the agent. The applicator may be quickly detached to provide a straight stream of chemical where greater range, a narrow discharge pattern or a lobbing effect is required.
Model B570 contains a special blended Sodium Chloride based dry powder extinguishing agent. Heat from the fire causes it to cake and form a crust excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal. Metal fires involving magnesium, sodium, potassium and sodium-potassium alloys can be successfully extinguished with this extinguisher. There is data showing that zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished with this unique extinguisher.
- Magnesium Chips: 4 ft2 and/or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill: 5 ft2 and/or 5 lbs. of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill Depth Over 1/2”: 3 ft2 and or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium Potassium Alloy Spill: 3 ft2 and/or 2 lbs. of metal
Model B571 contains a copper extinguishing agent specially developed by the U.S. Navy for fighting lithium and lithium alloy fires. The copper compound smothers the fire and provides an excellent heat sink for dissipating heat. Copper powder has been found to be superior to all other known fire extinguishing agents for lithium.
- 4 ft2 and/or 5 lbs. of lithium
Find a Product
Find a Distributor
Moving Industries Forward by Redefining Fire Suppression